Port Construction Europe Market 2018 – By Analyzing the Performance of Various Competitors
PUNE, INDIA, April 13, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Synopsis
EU ports have not surpassed the 3,965 million of tonnes of gross weight of goods handled in 2007. In 2015, 3,838 million of tonnes of gross weight of goods was registered for EU ports. The 24 European countries studied are forecast to achieve an average GDP growth of 2.54% in 2018, to fall back to 2.16% in 2022. According to Eurostat compared with the 1st quarter of 2016, the gross weight of goods handled in the main EU ports increased by 3.1% in the 1st quarter of 2017. The Netherlands, the UK, Italy and Spain were the largest maritime freight transport countries in Europe in Q1 2017, all handling more than 100 million tonnes of goods in their main ports. Europe’s China’s ‘One Belt One Road’ strategy has seen increased ownership of port facilities in Europe, as Chinese companies now own one tenth of all European port capacity.
Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking port construction projects in Europe with a total value of US$58.1 billion. Of this, US$27.5 billion is in the planning stage. Russia accounts for the highest value with US$22.6 billion, followed by the UK with projects valuing US$8.2 billion. Italy and Albania follow with port construction projects with a value of US$4.7 billion and US$4.5 billion respectively, with the latter due to the US$2.9 billion Port of Shëngjin project. The largest projects currently in the pipeline are the US$7.1 billion Taman Sea Port Terminal Development and the US$6.3 billion Zvezda DSME Shipyard Reconstruction, both in Russia.
The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for Europe and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries. The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value of port construction. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided, showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including Russia, the UK and Italy.
Reasons to Buy
• Gain insight into the development of the port construction sector.
• Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development for the region and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
• Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
• The total pipeline of projects is valued at US$58.1 billion with US$7.9 billion being spent in 2018 and US$11.6 billion in 2019.
• The highest value of projects are at the planning stage with a total value of US$27.5 billion, followed by projects in execution with US$16.7 billion.
• Projects in the pre-execution stage amount to US$12.0 billion, while those at the pre-planning stage total US$1.9 billion.
• Assuming all projects proceed as planned, spending will reach US$11.6 billion in 2019 and fall to US$4.5 billion in 2022. The highest value of project completions will be in 2020, with a value of US$12.0 billion.
• The top contractor in the region is FNK-Engineering based in Russia and Dredging International NV based in Belgium. The top engineers are Lenmorniiproekt based in Russia and Maritime Construction and Technology LLC Based in the US.
Table of Content: Key Points
1. Regional Overview
2. Key Operators
3. Project Analytics by Country
3.2. The UK
Get in touch:
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire